Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Men Have Them. Women Have Them.

Men Have Them. Women Have Them.
But What Is The Real Truth About “Dry Spells”?

I live in the desert for much of the year so the term “dry spell” is not new to me. Meteorologists predict them much of the time and people are discomforted by the fact that there just aren’t enough cumulous clouds in the sky and no measurable rainfall.
As odd as it sounds,Dry Spells in the desert can get really miserable. There is often what is termed, I believe, virga, moisture or rain that is in the atmosphere but evaporates before it falls to the earth.
I wonder if the earth feels teased by VIRGA..the promise of relief that never quite comes.
Relieve and release is what it is all about. Every growing thing thrives on moisture.

SO what about when it comes to sex? What about THAT kind of DRY SPELL?

Whether we admit it or not we all have them. Male or female there are times in our lives when we just don’t have the opportunity, the energy or the inclination to find a sexual partner if we are not in a relationship where such things are pretty well guaranteed.

I have women friends who say they have gone for as much as a year or more after a divorce or break up without sex. Most men that I know will admit to some dubious periods without sex with another person. They do of course admit to sex with themselves far more often during these periods.
Men, if you know them well enough and sometimes even if you don’t, will tell you how often, how long, and how far the ejaculate will fly when they are immersed in this type of self arousal. Apparently young men often play competitive games at least in their conversations with how far their cum has shot...to their belly, to their chest, to their face, to the ceiling, across the room. Men find this type of talk amusing and it is no less amusing to me when allowed to listen in. What a wonder it all seems to be to them.!...how much, how hard, how far.! Whatever their fantasy they like to WANK, as the British call it. So WANK they do...with visions of starlets, old girlfriends, perfect strangers and probably even sugar plums that dance in their heads.
Now I am not being judgmental here. Let me be clear. Masturbation is a wonderful thing,and from what medical science has learned a very healthy thing. It is stress reducing and involves a cardio workout unlike the treadmill, yet so much more enjoyable. Men masturbate even when in relationships or so I have been told. But when in a DRY SPELL with no female available to them, the process is far more important.
Perhaps we all subscribe to the use it or lose it philosophy.
It is always best to keep the machine well lubricated and running, even while waiting for the actual one on one with a person of choice,,, or rubber doll which ever comes ( cums) first.
I have no doubt, at least judging by my self that women do the same. For those women who use them their Vibrators become their best friends, especially during DRY SPELLS,. These battery operated devices are life savers and are often given names by women who find them friendly and even addictive.... If there are no good possibilities of sex for the evening a women may stay home and choose her vibrator for her evening date.Now many of these sex toys have rather strange names. The one I am most familiar with is the Rabbit. Now, first off let me say that. I am not a Rabbit user myself, though the thing looks like it has all kinds of capabilities. It is large in girth and width and covers a number of erotic zones during its operation, and apparently works in multiple speeds. There are smaller finger thingys that vibrate and things that are just used for insertion when one’s own fingers are the stimulator of choice.
I once had a patient, a gay man in an AIDS clinic report to me that he knew he might die soon because he had found himself falling asleep with his dick in his hand in the process of trying hard to get IT hard and get THERE. And though there are toys for men I think the variety for women is far more reaching and imaginative. Finally something that some man did RIGHT for women. There are never enough ladies room stalls but those nerdy sexual engineers came up with toys with all different shapes and sizes, rotating balls etc. etc. for a woman's erogenous zone pleasure.
Now to be certain DRY SPELLS are still not pleasant things, even with the self help techniques, and modern technology. A woman, like myself who has never gone for more then seven months with out sex since I was 20 .... and only once for that length of time. Sorry but I do have to say that as a BABY BOOMER Woman I pride myself on my sexual prowess. Sure I ‘m sure there is someone out there who would claim I disappointed them at one time or another. But I have to honestly say, I rarely get complaints..in fact the opposite is true. I can still wear a man out and I can still get so wet that it somewhat embarrasses me. If the chemistry is there, relationship or not, if I am having sex, it is good sex.
But during DRY SPELLS I am prone to rely on my own devices. I don’t like vibrators..the noise of that buzzzzzz, the coldness , though I understand some of these little powerhouses even get warm now... No I prefer my own fingers. So when I am without love OR LUST I go for the Be HERE NOW of my fingers. OK, and honestly,very honestly to be clear. I also use the wonder of my shower massager ! This nifty device I have almost named on several occasions. But I have refrained least it interfere with the current fantasy and I call out the wrong name during orgasm. ;-)
Years ago when I first moved to the southwest, I asked the maintenance man in my apartment complex who offered “anything I needed” to install my hand held shower massager first. Of course, as things turned out the Maintenance man was even better then my shower massager but that is another story for another time.
Dry Spells are at some points in life somewhat inevitable. And anyone, male or female who says that they haven’t had at least one in their life time long or short, is lying.

DRY SPELLS may be our gift from the Universe to force us to regroup our thoughts, and emotions, return to simple pleasures for a time and come to appreciate the weight of another persons body on your own and their breath on your skin, and their own attentive techniques to get you to cum all over their “whatever.”
DRY SPELLS can certainly be somewhat frustrating but take heart. Even at my age I have found that they simply do not last and the celebration of gratitude when they are over is always worth the wait.
In the mean time pull out your rabbit, or shower massager, or super designed insertables or just wank away. A new day is dawning , or should I say. “It’s cumming.”
Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment