Tuesday, August 11, 2009

SEX, LIES and ?

Apparently I pissed a few men off with that last post. Ahh well, just reporting it as I hear it, see it. LOL. Being Honest.
What ever happened to honesty any way.?

Yes, I know I told you I lie about my age and my weight. And I do.
So this is somewhat hypocritical I suppose.
But really, it is not so much that I meet men who lie to me as men who lie to themselves.
They believe that they are exceptionally handsome, exceptionally intelligent, and exceptional lovers. They look in the mirror and see that, BELIEVE IT.
And within one conversation they can give themselves away.
On a first date with a man he told me he was not married. Later he told me he was separated, then he told me he was separated but still living with his wife, then ..well you can guess the rest.. Men who are "separated but living with "of course never have sex any more but stay together for the kids or for some ailing relative whose heart they would break if they split up.

Give me a BREAK !

Are there really people out there that believe that someone will fall for their stories..?

Tales of money ... oops, well no,,, money lost,,, or the BIG Business Deal , the SHIP that never comes in. They put their wealth or imagined wealth out there in the first conversation, or they name drop or they mention how close they are to their ailing parents, and kids of course, and needy ex's and how self sacrificing.
They talk about being abandoned sexually by their wifes, or spin a tale about how she became a lesbian.
I really do wish that years ago I had set up my idea for a website to check with ex's about their ex's. I wanted to call it the "EX Files "and have people register their ex's names along with pertinent information for the next man or woman to be aware of.
I certainly would have been saved some time and emotional distress if I had been able to talk to some ex's BEFORE I dated their former lovers, boyfriends, husbands.

I'm sure men would find such information helpful as well.
Now I know their is a similar website but not in quite the same form or finesse as I would have set up mine.

Why? Just to save us all some grief from the dishonesty.

Who do we think we are lying to any way and what for?

In time it always ALL comes out and when it does there is no basis for a relationship or even a friendship. You can't be a real friend and be dishonest.
What's the point?

Some day I will write down all the lies, or exaggerations I have been told on first meetings, and /or dates with men.

But I do have to be honest, on one particular night here in Phoenix my BFF and I decided to go to a different club then the one we normally frequent and check it out. No one knew us there and so we decided out of boredom to pretend we were something other then our true selves.

Have you ever done that.?

I don't remember it all too clearly now but I think we decided to tell new acquaintances that we were exotic dancers..you know, named "Misty" and "Bambi." lol
Sometimes the nights in Phoenix can get very dull.

Next time I think I'll chat up having a fortune. That seems to be even more popular in this depressed economy. How depressing...
I'll try it as a social experiment. I'll let a few people in on it and have them assist to get the rumor around the club that I have hidden wealth.
Betcha' I get more then one dinner invitation that night. Not just a promise for a booty call but for a real, "I'm willing to spend a little money on you" date.

Do I sound a bit jaded or just realistic to you?

The thing is though, I have this conflict about being true to my self and doing the right thing.

I can pretty much hear a lie as it comes out of a man's mouth. So why would I lower myself to play that game.... I don't know. Maybe it's because I have worked in professions all my life where reading peoples feelings and not necessarily their words meant succeeding or not.
Social experiments like books and movies that have great character development intrigue me.
Human nature intrigues me.

Sex, lies, and ?
So much of the time it is more about lies to get to the sex.

Now here's a another social experiment I would like to see. Just walk up to the person you are interested in, skip all the small talk and just come out with..."Hey, I'd like to fuck you."
You don't see or hear that very often in Phoenix.!

I miss New York City. ;-)
At least there people in social situations were a bit more forward and honest.
A one night stand was agreed on even before the clothes were off.
Nothing promised, nothing lost...
Honesty ... I miss that. But I suppose before we can have it we have to be honest with ourselves and know for sure what we want.
I'm beginning to know... it has changed with time. Once I know for sure I can put it out there.
Can you? Or is honesty too scary for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment