Monday, May 7, 2012

WOMEN KNOW

We live each others' pain, so we do not have to look at our own. You know it. I know it. We hide. Some in our work, Some in the flesh of the man we give our wetness to, Some in our fantasies of wealth or riches, Or the ripeness of another woman's lips, In our striving for independence,,, Or the soft fuzzy faces of the pets that greet us at the door or sleep in our beds We allow ourselves to settle. Even as we live our strength, Our competency, Our efficiency, Our control. We were pure once. We gave our hearts away. We try to forget the pain. We bury it. Not everyday... We don't have to It is buried so deep We forget to remember. We live. We laugh. We love ...maybe. We seek out our sisters. We listen. We share, But not too much Never that much, Not the whole package of pain. Not all the "I'm sorrys" that we heard over and over again. We dare not see it, Or give it life one more time. Afraid that we will fail to slay it again., survive it again. Shhhhhhhh..... It's ok my sister. It is all right. I know you lost your self back then. I lost myself too. We go on. We feel joy. We finally find the Divinity within. But we dare not acknowledge it enough to give it away again. NOT LIKE WE DID BEFORE, Not like so very long ago. It can never be the way that it was. I can never be the way that I was. You can never be the way that you were. Purity, Innocence, We sample a taste sometimes, Sometimes we allow ourselves to remember. Then we let it go. It can never happen again. It can never be as it was. You know it.... I know it. Feel my pain, I will feel yours. But we dare not allow ourselves to feel our own PAIN again. Life is too short. We need to be strong women. We can never really let go of all of those empty, ..."I'm sorrys." We just can't. They changed us forever. Every woman knows it. I know it. You know it. 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment